Monday, February 18, 2008

Homework for Thursday, February 21st

1. Utilizing the Topic Sentence Worksheet, create the outline for your individual paper and post on your blog. If you have trouble with the last couple of questions, reread the chapter "Beginning and Ending" on page 239.

2. Find an online ethnographic article (preferably one depicting your chosen subculture) that you think presents the key features of the profile genre discussed on pg. 154., and post a link on your blog. Examine the overall structure and organization of this article to gain some additional perspective for your paper.

3. I would like to hear your thoughts on the structure of this class, with one day in class and the other day working independently.
  • Do you feel writing and submitting homework assignments in the form of blog posts is altering your content and amount of thought put into assignments?
  • Is the aspect of reading and responding to other posts, along with having the same critique done to your work, a benefit?
  • Are you becoming increasingly aware of audience and purpose as you write?
  • Would you recommend that future sections of English 1050 be taught in this manner, or would you prefer to revert to a "regular" class structure that meets twice a week?

4 comments:

428thMP said...

Do we decribe how our article fits each key feature like we did in class with the taliban war on school girls article and post it on our blog or do we JUST put the link to our article??

428thMP said...

Okay, I'ma little confused on why we have to do an outline so fast in the game, I mean I have my info but I'm going back to your ex in class, the one about the goth chick thinkin sorority girls were stupid, well ok I'm doing streetballers, If you read my proposal on my blog I had a prejudgement b/c I didn't kno much, I mean I knew AND1 existed but I really don't connect that to everyday streetball in parks which is unorganized, AND1 is a pro streetball crew that travels around competing, it's slight diff b/c of their talent, so I'm just saying should I just limit my paper to famous streetballers and what they do, their moves, nicknames, sytles, rules and what not or put what I thought origanally about streetballers also? I mean I didn't realize streetballers were so amazingly talented and entertaining, to me it's better than the NBA. so yea, any pointers, or am I boarding the right flight?

428thMP said...

HI, its midnight, just finished whole outline, everything, um i pushed submit and it said cannot display internet explorer, i went back, whole post was gone, i lost it, it deleted, I'm in shock on the verge of crying b/c it took me ann hour n a half, i very angry, um so im not staying up another 2 hrs to re-do it, i dunno kno, sorry, sorry if i don't submit that at all, i guess there are risks doing this blog crap, um shoulda copied n pasted on publisher b4 i pushed submit post, o well

geekashiri said...

It is not altering our thoughts but it might be me with liitle thoughts.
Responding to others has been my problem but it is helpfulthe best response we did on the previous paper in class was great because you were able to read other people's minds and their topics. It helped me a lot.

I would prefer the class structure we have now is good. Tuesdays only.